I don't have a lot of time, so I'll cut to the chase:
* I play with the jazz band as the pre-dinner entertainment for this banquet for a national forensics competition for community colleges.
* (I play my ass off, by the way)
* There are a bunch of tables in the banquet room, all with numbers on them, and everybody is assigned to a table.
* I'm assigned to this table (with a few of my friends) along with this other group that's from Texas.
* Out of the 60-some tables there, I just happen to be sitting at the table with a bunch of flaming queens. :)
* I meet one of them, and start talking. We seem to hit it off really well.
* I had to leave.
* So I left.
* But NOT before giving him my card (SEE, I *TOLD* you they would come in handy) with my phone number on it.
* He calls me last night, but I was at work, so he got my voice mail.
* I return his call.
* We look at our respective schedules, and we decide the soonest we could meet up is Saturday.
* I'm rather excited to see what happens next.