Do you believe there's a God?

yes
46% (31 votes)
no
32% (22 votes)
what?!
1% (1 vote)
i don't know
21% (14 votes)
Total votes: 68

Comments

cali gurl's picture

well accorse..even if ur gay

well accorse..even if ur gay i think there still is

"its better to be hated for what u are than to be loved for some thing ur not ♥"

formula_truth_love's picture

I believe there is just don'

I believe there is just don't believe in him.

"Obsession rules us all, and we obey."

milee13's picture

No, I don't.

No, I don't.

California--the land of coffee and bagels.

TheSohoSai's picture

Certainly there's something d

Certainly there's something devine out there. I don't know whether it's God or Goddess or genderless something or multiple somethings, but it's out there.

Come on and stand/Come on now, stand/Come on and stand/Plant your sword in the sand/In this age of unreason/There's a time and a season for love/Stand.
--The Kennedys

BryceW331's picture

Penn Jillette: There Is No God

I would encourage everyone to read this short essay by Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5015557

98% of the teenage population will try, does, or has tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

hebrew freak's picture

probably

i bet there is something or other out there, though i dont think that it's nearly as powerful as we think it is, and it might not be at all the way we thought it was. but, if God is the way we think she is, then in general, it's just better to believe in God. my brother explained it to me this way last summer

so, there are two instances. either there is a God, or there isnt.

in each instance, there are two options. either you do believe in God, or you do not.

If there is no God, and God is the way we commonly define her, then if you do believe in God, but she doesnt exist, then after death, supposedly nothing happpens to you. if you do not believe in God, and she does not exist, then still, nothing happens to you.

but lets say there is a God. there are still two options. if you do not believe in God, and God is the way we assume her to be, then supposedly, you will go to Hell, or some other equally unpleasant after-life. but, if you do believe in God, then you would go to some form of Heaven.

it's fairly simple. you have a 50% chance of nothing happening, a 25% chance of going to Hell, and a 25% chance of going to Heaven. so, in general, it's simply better to just jump in and believe, cuz if you do, either nothing happens, or you go to Heaven, so no matter what, you win.

she's the mistake i would always gladly continue making

Panic Motion's picture

Is that right though?

One of my friends also said you should believe in God because you've got nothing to lose by doing so, but everything to lose by not. This is true and all, but is that really why you'd want to believe in God? To believe in God just so you can get into heaven or reap some kind of reward is no better than just not believing if you ask me. I think people should have faith, because of well...faith. And not because they want to go where all the cool kids are going.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I believe the phrase,"Save a horse, ride a cowboy," is in order.

RainbowCommie's picture

But wait-

What if God likes independent thinkers, so she only admits atheists to heaven?

Change is the only constant.
Even if you win the race, you're still a rat.
Workers of the world unite: you have nothing but your chains to lose, and you have a world to win.
Direct Action!

raining men's picture

No

No, but I suppose I could.

And Panic Motion - this picture is even better

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suf-fer-ing"

jojojo's picture

No / I don't know

I picked no, but I was doubting between No and "I don't know".

I don't think if you calculate the costs and benefits of believing and not believing, and then realize that the calculation tells you that it is better to believe, and you therefore say, "Okay, let's believe", well that just does not sound like believing to me. It sounds more like a calculation whether you should still live according to the (presumable) rules of God, out of prudence. If you really believe in God you would not make such a calculation.

By the way, if Luther was right, then that won't help you. You can never get God's grace by doing things, you have to REALLY REALLY believe (and not just pretend to believe out of pragmatic reasons). I think if Catholics are right, you have a better chance of pleasing God by just following his commandments.

Also, if God is the way how "we" (how's that?) commonly imagine "her"... that sounds strange to me. Because if God is the way how we commonly imagine her, than it is a he, not a her, right?

I hope you're not feeling offended, I did not want to be mean, or something, or too unsettling. Just pointing out.

I am a bit into spiritual things. More related to connections between people. ANd connections with nature. THat kind of direction. And I am open to the idea that there is "something more".

Adam A's picture

i think you should believe in

i think you should believe in God if you believe in God and don't if you don't, if u'r not sure then work it the fuck out, either way i don't see what it has to do with anything????? what's the name of that guy panic motion always has on his picture thingy?

I KNOW SOMETHING IS BROKEN, AND I TRY TO FIX IT, TRYING TO REPAIR IT, ANYWAY I CAN

booboo's picture

i do think there's a God but

i do think there's a God but it's quite hard to follow cause i'm a lesbian ....
yeap, i also notice that panic motion always has a picture of sexy guys...haha

"you're not finish if you loose, but
you're finish if you quit"

tasteyourtears34's picture

i hope youre joking ~`~`~`

i hope youre joking

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

i know you hear me...i can taste it in your tears

28:06:42:12...the tangent universe awaits...

Morganna's picture

I'm wiccan, or pagan, however

I'm wiccan, or pagan, however you want to look at it. But I am polytheistic. So do I believe in God? No. But do I believe in gods? Of course.

If I were to cut myself wide open, would you climb inside and save my soul?

tastetherainbow's picture

yeap...

well i believe in their being a higher power... so that DEFINATELY qualifies for God. 3 cheers for the big guy upstairs!...

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." - Robin Tyler
-boiiz...[beatriz]...smell-

tasteyourtears34's picture

I BELIEVE IN

i believe in more than one god.
you should have put more options, bud.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

i know you hear me...i can taste it in your tears

28:06:42:12...the tangent universe awaits...

whateversexual_llama's picture

I'm not really sure. I certai

I'm not really sure. I certainly pray to a god. I think, God is an explination for all the things in the world we don't understand. I respect that, because its in human nature to want to understand everything.

I'm Jewish by heritage, and am proud of that. I said yes, I believe in a god, mainly because I pray, and I believe that anything exists as long as you believe in it.

Um... yeah. I view the world based on fantasy novels. So sue me.

Be yourself. Because if you're busy being someone else, then who's gonna be you?

hellonwheels's picture

No, I do not believe in God.

However, I do believe that there is something out there that we as humans cannot and will never understand in the universe. I don't believe in God for many reasons, but mainly because there are so many different religions and interpretations of "God" out there, and that if there was truly a lovign, accepting god, as the bible claims, then why are so many faithful people around the world suffering and dying waiting for miracles that never come? I just don't believe in the concept of a single person or entity controlling the world. I think religion is just a search for understanding and acceptance/ ability to cope with pain and emotions.

Mental wounds not healing, driving me insane, i'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train- the ozzman

Ginger's picture

"god is dead"

"god is dead"
and that would be my view on it,
summed up by someone more articulate
than i.