Some open calls for you to consider (courtesy of QueerType):
- The Queer Foundation, a Washington nonprofit corporation, will offer the three winners of its 2007 High School English Essay Contest College scholarships in the amount of $1,000 for studies in queer theory or a related field at a US college. Deadline is March 31, 2007. More details can be found at http://home.comcast.net/~threepennynovel/queerfoundation.
- Ashé Journal is seeking creative and inspirational pieces of short fiction, poetry, art, and photography for its Spring issue. Deadline is March 1, 2007. Submissions can be sent to email@example.com.
- Ignavia Press Online is looking for dark and edgy work for their first issue scheduled for the summer of 2007. Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newtown Writers, Chicago’s (GLBT) writing group since 1980, is seeking short fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and memoir for the 13th edition of their print anthology Off The Rocks and for their online zine Swell. For submission guidelines visit: www.newtownwriters.org.
- Tristan Taormino is seeking submissions for Best Lesbian Erotica 2008. Deadline is April 1, 2007. Send two copies of each submission to: Tristan Taormino, P.O. Box 395, Greenville, NY 12083.
- The Mammoth Book of Lesbian Erotica is looking for stories. Deadline is March 31, 2007. Submissions can be e-mailed to: email@example.com.
- Trevor Hoppe is collecting submissions for Beyond Masculinity: Essays by Queer Men on Gender and Politics. Deadline is March 31, 2007. For more information and submission guidelines, visit BeyondMascultinity.com
- Green Candy Press has extended their submission period for essays for My Gay Brother, edited by Kevin Bentley, to February 1, 2007. Submissions should be sent to Green Candy Press, 610 Van Ness Avenue, E3-918, San Francisco, CA 94102.