Well damn. Back in my day a young lass could get bass tabs off the internet any old time, any old place. Now, my only reliable source (bassmasta.net) has revoked all their tabs. Because it's "illegal now". Because it's "infringing on copyrights." Yeah right. What about DOWNLOADING? The RIAA hasn't done much to stop THEM...and yet simple TABS have been prohibited.
And what, might I ask, copyrights would these be? Am I not allowed to play other peoples' songs on my bass anymore? If I do, god FORBID I show someone ELSE how to play it, all while NOT saying it's mine, while NOT saying I wrote it.
There must be some ulterior governmental reason behind it.
Well, out of pure boredom, I made a list of all the things I did this summer, from June 12 to August 1.
"Quelles choses Laura a-t-elle fait pendant ces beaux mois d’été?"
1. Wrote 2 songs: Michael, The Golden Hour
2. Wrote a film and a song for it: The Dreams of the Feverish
3. Looked for jobs in vain: Walmart, Kroger's, Macado's, Mac & Bob's, Mill Mountain Coffee, Starbucks, Subway, Burger King, Fuddruckers, Hardee's, Movie Gallery, Sam's Hot Dogs, Replay, Barnes & Noble, CVS, TGI Friday's, Daily Grind
4. Went to princetonreview.com, collegeboard.com, and studentsreview.com, and looked up colleges: Eugene Lang, Sarah Lawrence, Lewis & Clark, Chatham University, Hampshire College, UMass Amherst, Ithaca College, University of Rochester
5. Tried to learn some Russian: как ваш завут?
6. Read a few books: Election, The Cheese Monkeys, Pagan Babies
7. Practised a little french: Pas beaucoup
8. Listened to music: Velvet Underground, The Gossip, Elvis Costello, ABC, Violent Femmes, Billy Joel, Patti Smith, David Bowie, Men WIthout Hats, Beethoven, Pere Ubu, Eurythmics, Talking Heads, Public Image Ltd., The Clash
9. Played music: Not as much as I would have liked though.
10. Painted a lovely flower: Even though it's too dark and looks bad.
11. Stripped plaster: Not fun.
12. Moved furniture and cleared walls in bedroom: Out of sheer boredom. There is much more room now.
13. Watched the Democratic Debates: And decided I hate all politicians and that I'm fleeing the country (SEE #20)
14. Wrote application essays: 2 for Eugene Lang, 1 for Sarah Lawrence, and my Common Application essay
15. Wrote some poems - Weight of a Folly, Ton Chant, Natalie..., wait v5
16. Frequented Oasis and Facebook day after day
17. Got exceedingly bored. Exceedingly.: Tried to get out of the house as much as possible, but after a while...you run out of places to go.
18. Went to sheetz for coffee and wasted way too much money
19. Spent hours in the library. Hours.
20. Decided I wanted to move: After a few years in college, I might either move to Portland or Seattle, and/or flee the country for Québec, England, or France.
Now you know my inner psyche.
I'm so bored.