Are you a musician? In a Rock Band? Symphony Orchestra? High School Band? Marching Band? Fill out this survey geared to musicians. It's different than the typical surveys, if anything!
Copy, paste and tag your musician buddies!
1. What instrument(s) do you play?
Clarinet, with a bit of piano, percussion and bones.
2. When did you start playing your instrument(s)?
Started singing in the church choir in like 1984, then moved on to piano in 1986, then clarinet ever since 1988.
3. Private Lessons or School?
4. Garage Band, or Accompanyment while singing (for guitar)?
Never did much good with that kinda thing, but I'd still love to.
5. Any musicians in the family?
the whole family both sides and now even my husband and his family.
6. Any instrument you're dying to learn?
Guitar, bagpipes and Irish/Country fiddle.
7. Were you in High School band?
Umm, yeah...like every ensemble we had! Band, choir, jazz, percussion, marching band...
8. Marching Band?
Yes, and I was drum major for two years. Gotta love those uniforms!
9. Rock Band?
10. Do you read music?
11. Are you a good sight reader?
Yes...thanks to many years of auditioning for honor bands, as well as many summers with the Ocean Grove Summer Band (rehearse Monday, concert Wednesday).
12. Have you ever had a solo?
Yep, and don't even mention Mozart's clarinet Concerto if you value you life...or at least the use of your eyes!
13. Bass or Treble clef?
14. What do you hate about your instrument's parts the most?
Spit leaking keys!
15. Whats one thing you like about your instrument's parts?
Very easy to play...someone actually realized that a person's fingerings on the clarinet should coincide with the scales!
16. Have you participated in battle of the bands at your school?
17. Have you played any gigs (paying or non)?
I've played "concerts"...mostly non-paying. As for gigs, I'm usually attending...or at least babysitting certain members of the band.
18. How good was your marching band?
It was fun... but overall it sucked eggs big time.....lol
19. Do you see music in your future, or do you think you're going to quit after school?
I don't really play anymore, but I do work on the business end of it, and I love it. i can't imagine my life without music somewhere.
20. Would you want your children to peruse music?
It would be nice, but I don't want to pressure them.