First and foremost, I'll be sending Brittany a text tonight, since it's been two days since we've talked. I'm stuck between two possible messages: The really friendly "Heya Brittany! How's it going?" Or the specific question: "So, random question because I'm curious: what are some of your favorite bands?" I mean, the first one would allow for a broader conversation, but it's also a bit lame. And it would give her an opportunity to give a short answer like "Good" and the conversation immediately dies. Which is better?
I feel quirky, so I'mma list some random, unusual, little-known facts about myself:
1) I will only eat peanut butter and jelly if the bread is toasted. I cannot eat it any other way.
2) I enjoy the way my hands smell after holding loose change. That really odd, metallic smell.
3) I love the sound of paper crinkling. When I unfold a worn, well-used piece of paper and it makes that delightful crinkle noise. Wonderful.
4) I absolutely hate text speak. Like lol or ttyl or lmfao. I ALWAYS type everything out in my texts, and am always sure to use proper grammar and punctuation no matter how much of a hurry I'm in.
5) I secretly enjoy Lady Gaga's music. Just a little bit. I mean, she's better than Katy Perry or Kesha or any of these other pop superstar losers. (When will people learn to appreciate REAL music?)
6) My shower water has to be steaming hot. Like hot as Satan's armpit. I also take 20 minute showers, so I always use every drop of hot water. You can imagine the frustration of my sister and mom.
7) I love plaid shirts. And stripes. My whole closet would be full of nothing but plaid and stripes, but my mom has kept my wardrobe in check.
8) My favorite word is shenanigans. Followed by hyperbole, noodle, and conundrum.
9) 9 is my favorite number. I think it's because in 2nd grade, my teacher always told us that 9 is a magic number in multiplication. I forgot how.
10) When I was a little kid, my cousins and I used to collect sticks from our grandparents' log pile and fight zombies with them.