1) A fair number of people have died because of Sandy, but the internet is still being really flippant about it. There's been jokes, memes, and clips of idiots running around in horse masks, and it all seems really odd to me. The east coast has a weird way of coping with these things.
3) Once upon a time, I became the type of person to have casual sex with a stranger. The weirdest part is how normal it is.
4) A Pet Peeve: People who spend all their time lusting after impossibly good looking people, while simultaneously complaining that nobody likes them because they aren't attractive. If you don't like that people are superficial towards you, you should at least try to be less superficial yourself.
6) I need a pepper grinder. You can't go wrong with freshly ground black pepper.
2) It seems like everywhere I go, people are proud of how crazy their weather is. Weather is generally pretty bipolar, but people go around acting like their state/city/region is unique in this way. Hot and sunny one day, and cold and rainy the next? It's not a bizarre phenomenon; it's a cold front.
5) Literature is wonderful; you don't feel guilty if you use literature as an escape, because we have such a romanticized view of books. People worry about you if you retreat into video games or television, but they'll probably respect you more with a book in your hands. I think literature is my favorite scam.